Sunday, March 9, 2008

Final words from the Dad

Yesterday I was pressed back into my seat as our plane raced down the runway heading toward home. As this was happening the enormity of this adventure began to sink in for the first time. The trip for Ann and I was done one day at a time, one mile at a time, with a simple resolve to complete the daily journeys. The sight of the Atlantic ocean and completing the last of 107 maps to get there seemed almost anti-climatic. The story of this trip has been about the people we have met and the time I have had the honor and privilege to spend with Ann. The other story is of the people who supported us directly and indirectly to make this adventure possible. I cannot even begin to name everyone that had a part in making this possible. Today I am sitting in my kitchen preparing to re-enter real life again. I will be re-entering as a slightly different person than the one who was sitting here on Jan 8th 2008. So, here's my old guy advice to you all (that's what old guys do). Pick your own adventure, whatever that adventure may be, and do it. You will not regret it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you guys made it all the way safely. Quite a Trek.. I can't wait to hear more stories from your journey.

Peace,